As the notification of JEE Main 2017 Exam has been released by the CBSE, all the aspirants who seek admission to the IITs across the country might be searching for the details regarding the eligibility criteria. The aspiring candidates before applying for JEE Mains Exam should possess certain criteria. All those who meet the criteria as mentioned by the board will only be eligible for the registration process. So, the candidates can walk through the article to check the eligibility criteria of JEE Mains 2017.
JEE Mains 2017 Eligibility Criteria – Educational Qualifications, Age Limit
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is an all India common engineering entrance examination which is conducted for the admission to various colleges and institutes across the country. It is a two-tier exam (Mains and Advanced). The JEE-Main exam is for admission to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs. The notification regarding the entrance exam will be released every year and the board conducts the exam accordingly.
Like every year, the board has issued a notification regarding the JEE Mains 2017 Exam and invited the applicants. The aspirants who seek an admission in the mentioned institutes should possess certain criteria. So, to all those who wish to apply for the JEE Mains 2017 exam, just check the eligibility criteria here.
JEE Mains 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
Educational Qualifications: To be eligible for the JEE Mains 2017 exam,
- The candidates should have completed their 12th or equivalent exam in 2015 or 2016 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the subjects.
- The candidates appearing in 12th or equivalent exam are also eligible to apply.
- The candidates should have minimum five subjects in 12th/qualifying examination.
- Even the Diploma (3 years) holders are eligible to apply.
- The Candidates who qualify in the year 2017 may also eligible to appear.
- A candidate can attempt this exam for only three times.
- The candidates in order to apply for the IIITs, NITs, CFTIs must have secured 75% in their class 12 board exams. For SC/STs, it is 65%. The board marks will not be taken into consideration for calculating JEE Main score from 2017 onwards.
Note: The candidates who had passed their 12th or equivalent exam in the year 2014 are not eligible
Age Limit: The candidate’s Date of birth should fall on or after 1st October 1992 for General candidates and 1st October 1987 for SC, ST, and PwD candidates. The date of birth mentioned in the Secondary Education Board/University will only be considered for appearing in the exam.
Do catch up with us for the latest news on Education…